As Associate Planner, Zarui utilizes her experience and education in Development Policy and Urban Planning to provide a broad range of forward planning services, including research and analysis, as well as assisting clients in obtaining the requisite entitlements for their residential, commercial, and industrial projects.
- Master of Planning, University of Southern California, 2009
- Bachelor of Science in Policy, Planning and Development, with a focus on urban planning, University of Southern California, 2008
Zarui entered the Progressive Degree program at the University of Southern California’s Sol Price School of Public Policy to earn her Master in Urban Planning, consecutively with her BS in Policy, Planning and Development. In her latest work experience, she worked as the Director of Policy and Program Development at the Los Angeles Business Council Institute on policy issues and development related to transportation, housing, energy and economic development. Zarui is a member of the USC Alumni Association and has served as a Mentor to students in USC Price School.
- Graduated from the Progressive Degree at USC Price School of Public Policy, an exclusive program for students within the top 10% of graduating class
- Successfully completed coursework in Land Use Planning Case Law; Public Policy and Management; Citizenship and Ethics; Government and Business; Housing and Community Development; Policy and Planning Analysis; Finance for Economic Development
- Thorough and extensive research and analysis on variety of issues including housing development, transportation development and economic/workforce development
- Effectively managed research projects on housing and workforce policy by managing staff, time and outside consultants
- Successfully managed and build a portfolio of corporate and foundation sponsors and donors
- Associate Planner, Schmitz and Associates, Inc., Agoura Hills, CA – March 2018 to Present
- Policy and Programs Development Director, Los Angeles Business Council Institute, Los Angeles, CA– June 2015-March 2018
- Career Services Advisor, University of Southern California, Price School of Public Policy, Los Angeles, CA – July 2014-June 2015; Student
- Services Advisor, Career Services, University of Southern California, Price School of Public Policy – November 2011-June 2014
- Assistant Director of Policy and Programs, Los Angeles Business Council, Los Angeles, CA – March 2010- November 2011
- Administrative Intern, Research and Development, LA County Metropolitan Transit Authority, Los Angeles, CA – July 2008-June 2010
- Administrative Assistant, Admissions Office, University of Southern California, Price School of Public Policy – August 2007-May 2009