THE CITY OF LOS ANGELES IS PROPOSING A RESTAURANT BEVERAGE PROGRAM ORDINANCE TO SHORTEN PROCESSING TIMES
For businesses to be eligible for this program, they must meet more than 30 proposed criteria, which include the following:
- Must be a restaurant with an operational kitchen and full menu;
- Daily hours of operation limited to the hours between 7:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m.;
- No live entertainment, including dancing, karaoke, or a DJ;
- No outdoor TV monitors or music. Only ambient indoor music allowed;
- Restaurant cannot be take-out or delivery-only. It must offer seated dining;
- Restaurants cannot be drive-through fast food establishments; and
- Adherence to a number of other limitations and requirements.
Draft ordinance has been posted here.