A Brief Message from Don Schmitz:
All fire victims; I have been spending the last few weeks corresponding with you individually, and taking your calls, and will of course continue to do so. That being said, I am posting this as a general notice to our community, and would ask you to pass it on to others who lost their home or had their property damaged by this fire and who aren’t already connected to me on social media. Our land use planning firm is going to do everything possible to assist our friends and neighbors through this cataclysm. We will sit down with you and go over your property issues, and map out what your rights are to obtain exemptions from planning permits for a “disaster replacement”. We will tell you what pitfalls you need to avoid, and provide you with contact information for the qualified professionals you will need to generate plans and reports, and the contact information for the right people in the government agencies.
Please feel free to call our offices so that we can set up a gratis consultation with me or one of our managers, and you will be provided with the aerials and resource delineations for your property, and the aforementioned contact information. I want to do what I can to help my friends and neighbors.
Below is a list of upcoming meetings and resources. We will do our best to keep you apprised of any and all updates.
- Nothing at this time
CITY OF CALABASAS
- Calabasas has adopted an interim urgency ordinance to protect home owners in the burn area.
CITY OF MALIBU
- Rebuild bulletin
- Information for fire victims who are ready to initiate the rebuild process.
- Fire debris removal, requirements and process.
- Permitted Solid Waste Haulers
- Post Fire Flood Vulnerability Maps
COUNTY OF LOS ANGELES
- General Woolsey Fire Resource List
- LA County Recovers
- Motion by Supervisor Kuehl to waive rebuild fees and prepare an urgency ordinance to address temporary housing.
- List of properties assessed for HAZMAT
- Authorized Commercial Waste Haulers
LOS ANGELES COUNTY FIRE DEPARTMENT
- Fire access considerations that may restrict your ability to rebuild.
- Why the fire department is important to your ability to rebuild.
U.S. SMALL BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION